Orthopedics Community
buttocks pain groin thigh and back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

buttocks pain groin thigh and back pain

I am  44 y.o. female and  I have had some lower back pain for a long time but I work hard i am super busy mom and housekeeper.  Usually it was just some aching i was told probably just from disc degenerative which most people get as they get older.  I never felt a need to make an issue of it.  Then about 7 weeks ago, I started to experience groin pain (mostly the outer edges between my vag and anus, all that area). My low back was much more painful as well,  Wasn't sure what to do because of where it was who do i see?  I went to my gyn who did an exam and said i possibly had a bladder infection because of the pain and the fact that I had microscopic blood & bacteria in my urine. She gave me flaggyl for a minor bacterial infection which really didn't seem to help much at all.  I continued with this discomfort which became extremely worse over labor day when the pain then spread to my buttocks at first both buttocks with occasional pains down my thighs sometimes the back of thigh  and sometimes on the inner and outer thighs.  Sitting for more than 15 min or standing/walking for more than 15 minutes becomes unbearable so in between dr. appts. i have been basically couch bound.  At one point during this I was walking into my kitchen and without any warning at all, my leg left completely gave out on me, I hit the ground, I was scared because there was no warning at all just down i went.  My husband helped me back to the couch and the leg just felt normal again no numbness or anything.  The pain has been radiating between both buttocks but over the past week have settled mostly in the right buttocks, occasionaly felt in the left, this pain is constant and never goes away.  The groin pain now comes and goes. I have also been experiencing upper back pain around my shoulder pains with occasional pains down my right arm.  Early in this issue I went to my general prac and he also was concerned with my urine and had it cultured, he believed I had a kidney infection and treated me with cipro, which had no effect on pain,  On my last 2 visits my urine remains clean. he ran some blood tests that showed 17,000 white count which led him to thing i indeed had an infection, during all that time i never had a fever or urinary tract symptoms.  have had xray radiologist read and saw no explanation.  I went to a chiropractor who immediately said he saw an issue at the l5 vertabrae of concern.  My general practitioner ordered a contrast cat scan which i later found out was of my abdomen and pelvis but touched a little bit on spine.  the result of the ct was osseous structures are remarkable for degenerative disc disease at L4-L5 and L5-S1 with mild broad-based posterior disc herniations at each of these 2 levels..  No specific findings to explain the patient's constellation of signs and symptoms in one diagnosis. Lower lumbar spondylosis L4-L5 L5-S1 levels which may explain central low back pain, plus/minus radiculopathy  Also have a low grade fever with no explanations. Do not feel sick at all other than in pain.  I have been on tramadol and diazapam for pain relief which does help as long as i don't try to do anything physical.  I am desperate for any input my general pract. and chiropractor are suppose to be figuring out what to do but I still have yet to hear of anything they plan to do.  I just wish it to go away as I really need to get back to work, back to life bascally.  I know this is a long post but I wanted to be most informative.  So, on one more note earlier this year I bought a dirt bike and after long rides I would sometimes have these pain in my buttocks that are similar to the pains i know have except i figured they were pulled muscles from the horrible seat and always disappeared within 2 days of riding.  the buttock pain i now have came on along with the groin pain but it was definetly not after a ride since i have not rode my bike for over 2 months. My doc. tested me for lyme disease which came back negative, he said sometimes they will give a false positive and now also has me on medication for lyme disease doxycycline.  If anyone has any input or is experiencing any of the same symptoms please please post to my question.  I am seriously losing hope here.  And wow this is getting expensive without insurance,thank you for reading :)