Orthopedics Community
can not bend my thumb

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

can not bend my thumb

I was skateboarding with my son and I fell to my right side. I landed hard on my wrist and hip. My wrist got very painful and swollen. I wrapped it, elevated it and iced over night. The next day was worse, I could'nt use it and the pain and swelling was worse. Now three weeks later there is still a little pain in my wrist, but worse I can not bend my thumb at the main middle joint. There is no pain at the joint, There is pain at the joint that connects my thumb to my hand when I press or twist it. Why can't I bend my thumb?
Avatar dr m tn
Hello!

You have a Probability of a fracture or tendon injury.
You need to go for an X-ray and do not ignore injuries and falls as most of minor fractures go unnoticed and later ends up with complications etc.

After the X-ray go for an Orthopaedician consultation and go for proper cure.

Take care