cartilage and meniscus transfer
I just visited my Doctor, and he recommended me the same procedure, cartilage and meniscus transfer.  I am 35 years old.  I wonder how long does the new meniscus and the cartilage last, 10-20 years?  Does anyone know?  Please help.  What would happen to my knee 15-20 years after the transplant?  Can OATS be repeated?
I have not come across an actual data saying how long a cartilage or new meniscus would last.
Success rates are highest in the youngest patients with the healthiest joints of course.
Your knee is repaired and supported with the help of graft for normal physiological function.
Hence as long as the graft is accepted well, post –operatively  there is no concern, and there is no injury to ligament, it would work as long as possible.
What the surgeon has to say about this?
Yes you can get repeat OATS done, but you need to discuss with surgeon as to why this didn’t work?
Keep me informed.
Bye.