cartilage replacement vs. knee replacement
I am a 52 year old active athlete in the San Francisco area (94941);  I have Lateral Compartmentalized Arthritis in my right knee. The condition was created by a skiing accident 20 years ago, and a resulting repair/cleanup of the meniscus.  I have had three opinions from surgeons; two said use the knee until it hurts too much and then do a total replacement.  One surgeon is strongly recommending a partial knee replacement because the rest of my knee is in good shape.  Based on this information is my OATS and option for me? If not is there another cartilidge replacement option I should be considering?  
Thank you.
Hello!

I would suggest you to take NSAIDs, follow proper positional ergonomics and take different pain relief therapies.

You can try steroid shots, viscosupplementation and delay knee replacement till complete cartilage loss.

Follow up with an orthopedician regularly for the right course of action for you and you can always take a second opinion.

Take care!