Orthopedics Community
cause of hip pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cause of hip pain

I have had pain on the lateral side of my right hip for a while now, it radiates across my butt and sometimes into my groin, it is worse when lying down and is aggrevated by hip flexion, it will hurt to walk at times. the pain is not constant. I went to the chiropractor today who said that everything associated with that area was very tight, she also said there is alot of swelling along my posterior pelvis. she gave me exercises and told my to ice it. What is going on? I am 5'9" 135 pounds.
Tags: hip pain
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include fractures, dislocations, injuries to the ligaments, tendons, inflammations like bursitis, tendonitis, neuro-muscular/ vascular causes, spinal causes etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Blank
This could be a SI problem. See a P.T that specializes in the pelvic girdle.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...