Orthopedics Community
cervical spondylosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

cervical spondylosis

The patient has had previous anterior cervical fusion at c5-c6 with anterior plate and screws in good position.  There is prominent ventral impression on the thecal sac centrally and to the left of c6-c7 related to a combination of spur and disc.  Predominant pathology is osseous.  There is a spinal stenosis with canal measuring 9.8 mm at c6-c7.  The canal also shows narrowing at c4-c5 secondary to spurring.  The canal measures 9.8 mm at this level.  There is a narrowing of the canal to the left at c3-c4 secondary to large spur with canal measuring 9.5 mm.  Minimal cord flattening on the left at c4-c5.  No foraminal stenosis.

Can someone please shed some light on this?  Seems to me I am gonna need to have surgery to remove some bone spurs soon.  Does this sound like I am right?
Sounds like you've already had some surgery if you have a C-5, C-6 fusion...you should be having the physician that ordered this xray explaining this for you.  Was there no follow up visit after it was ordered? This definitely needs an MD explanation!  You should go to your doctor visit with your questions written down and take someone you trust with you to help you absorb the information that you are given.
Take care!
Thanks for taking the time to read my post first off.  And yes your correct I have had surgery already.  I have a follow up with my Dr. as well.  This coming week.  I am basically being impatient and was just wanting a second set of eyes to see if what I am thinking this is saying sounds about right to them.

Again, thank you for taking the time...