chilblains
I have had chilblains every winter for 20 years. Very painful swelling and itching. Last year in an unrelated incident I got ringworm (probably from my cat) The dermatologist prescribed ertaczo. Which worked immediately. This winter when my chilblains flared up again, in my desperate search to find anything to relieve the insane itching I tried the ertaczo cream... and it worked! I'm wondering why since chilblains aren't from a fungal infection. The ertaczo relieves the swelling and the itching. It was amazing because I've tried it all before this even tried things like anbersol with no luck. But the ertaczo helped my chilblains.

This discussion is related to Swollen Toes in Cold Weather.
Hello!

Ertaczo contains antifungal component and active ingradient: sertaconazole nitrate. The only explanation I think what might have cured mild chilblains are the massage what you did with the cream coupled with actions like keeping yourself warm, keeping yourself dry and kept moving and avoided smoking which might have helped you indirectly. You might also were adequately clothed. The inactive ingredients of Ertaczo are ethylene glycol, poly ethylene glycol, light mineral oil and methylparaben along with sertaconazole nitrate. I would suggest you to massage with moisturizer or vegetable oil in the future and avoid antifungals like ertaczo because in all clinical trials it is proven for fungal treatment and not for chilblains. Follow up with a dermatologist.

Take care!