Orthopedics Community
chipped elbow

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

chipped elbow

I have chipped a bone in my elbow about 5 or 6 months ago, i went to the hospital and they said that it is healing on its own.But ever since then my arm is getting hard and i cant close my hand all they way.I have pin niddle feelings in my elbow andit seems to be spreading to my shoulder.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

You are advised to go for an X-ray and check the healing, since you have symptoms even after 5-6 months of your injury. Based on your present condition you would need an examination near an Orthopedician after diagnosing. There may be inflammation of the bursa of olecranon called as olecranon bursitis due to the injury, compression of the nerves or injury to tendons attached to epicondyles.  Epicondyles are the boney attachment sites for many of the forearm muscles.

Take care!