Orthopedics Community
clavicle/shoulder lump from injury

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

clavicle/shoulder lump from injury

2 days ago, I fell over at work and landed on my left side, most of the impact on my left shoulder. Immediately afterwards I noticed a clearly defined lump near the shoulder end of my clavicle - 1.5 x 1.5  x 1.5 cm. By the morning it had gone. My shoulder continues to have a loss of 'strength' and is uncomfortable/painful when used. Any ideas?
Fran....

I'm not a doctor so take this with a big grain of salt.

I too fell and had a shoulder injury. I know a little just because of my situation. I had an AC joint tear and a full width Supraspinatus tear.

A bump at the distal end of the clavicle might be associated with a lesion of the AC joint. There are various orders (grades or types) of magnitude.

Weakness... hmm, I would have guessed that that was more related to an injury to one of the rotator cuff tendons or maybe the biceps tendon?

I'd suggest you google for these various subjects. There's a ton of info available.

After my injury I first went to my family physician. As he sent me to the orthopedist he said, don't lift anything over-head and don't do any movements with pain. That's probably good advice between now and whenever you get to see a physician.