complications from neuroma surgery
I've had a recurrent neuroma on my foot which grew back 4 times and was removed 4 times. Last time the nerve was re-routed and I guess it stopped growing. I wasn't aware of how difficult it would be to walk afterward. I've had many orthotics made by professionals, changed all my shoes to fit  them, and had tons of physical therapy. My foot hurts most of the time, I can't walk any real distances, dancing hurts, tennis is gone and I'm miserable.

Has anyone dealt with this problem? I lost a lot of soft tissue that would protect my 4th netatarsal, but now it hangs down and the bone hits the ground without much protection. It's just awful.

Karen
   How are you? A neuroma is a thickening of nerve tissue that may develop in various parts of the body. The most common neuroma in the foot is a Morton's neuroma, which occurs at the base of the third and fourth toes. It is sometimes referred to as an intermetatarsal neuroma.The thickening, or enlargement, of the nerve that defines a neuroma is the result of compression and irritation of the nerve. This compression creates swelling of the nerve, eventually leading to permanent nerve damage. Symptoms range from tingling, numbness, pain and burning.

Conservative measures of treatment include icing, padding, use of orthotics, activity modifications, changes in foot wear etc. If these measures fail then surgical management is taken up.This involves release of the nerve or it's removal.

The length of the recovery period will vary, depending on the procedure or procedures performed.
Regardless of whether you've undergone surgical or nonsurgical treatment, your foot and ankle surgeon will recommend long-term measures to help keep your symptoms from returning. These include appropriate footwear and modification of activities that cause repetitive pressure on the foot. Please check the information provided in this link regarding the foot devices and decide which would suit your requirement.
http://www.footphysicians.com/footankleinfo/
Best.