Orthopedics Community
cortisone injections after knee replacement?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cortisone injections after knee replacement?

Should you receive cortisone knee injections when you have hardware from knee replacement?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello,

If you have total knee replacement you need to go for proper physiotherapy for long term and recover completely and  you should limit the use of anti inflammatory drugs be it non steroidal or steroidal. Cortisione is a steroidal anti inflammatory drug.
Take care!
Blank
1027575_tn?1390964018
good morning MUM, this guy doesn't know he's not a knee doctor his answers are generic. i've had both of my knees scoped before but never required to go through what you did. but if i did i'd be getting my advice "ONLY FROM A KNEE DOCTOR" he'll know if a shot into the knee will help.  take care  Phill
Blank
875863_tn?1271606985
I had Total Knee Replacement Dec./2013. It's now August 16, 2014. After a manipulation, an opening was left and they had to re-open and stitch the knee again. Still having great trouble with this knee. Dr. said it's fine, just the way it should be. I have Fibromyalgia. It is taking a very long time to heal. When it rains! OMG! I can barely walk. I like to be active a heck of a lot more than I am. I can't wait for Winter! (NOT) I like to hike, take my dog for walks, camp and just generally be busy. The Doctor has suggested I take Cortisone shots, now, and I'm worried. Should I do it, or should I ride out the storm? He said that maybe by next summer, I should be pain-free and walking normally- but it's been 8 months with extensive therapy until a month ago. I also have scar tissue from a previous Arthroscopy that inflames and hurts badly with my Fibro and rain.Help? Thanks!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank