Orthopedics Community
crush injury
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

crush injury

Three days ago I was involved in an accident whereas my body was crushed between a tractor trailer and a pickup truck. I visited the ER at our local hospital was xrayed and blood and urine was sampled. I sustained no broken bones however there is significant swelling in my left shoulder and forearm, rt knee, right hand and extreme tenderness in my ribs on both sides and abdomen, to the point where I cannot sleep. There is no visible buising (which I find very odd) however there is severe pain. I do not like to take any pain medications other than an occasional ibuprofen. I was advised to take some time off from work however with the job I do that is all but impossible. I have actually become physically sick from the pain, I would like to know what I can do to alleviate the pain and is it common to have an injury such as mine and there be no visible bruising?