crush injury
Three days ago I was involved in an accident whereas my body was crushed between a tractor trailer and a pickup truck. I visited the ER at our local hospital was xrayed and blood and urine was sampled. I sustained no broken bones however there is significant swelling in my left shoulder and forearm, rt knee, right hand and extreme tenderness in my ribs on both sides and abdomen, to the point where I cannot sleep. There is no visible buising (which I find very odd) however there is severe pain. I do not like to take any pain medications other than an occasional ibuprofen. I was advised to take some time off from work however with the job I do that is all but impossible. I have actually become physically sick from the pain, I would like to know what I can do to alleviate the pain and is it common to have an injury such as mine and there be no visible bruising?
Since you have a crush injury and significant swelling I would go to the doctor (perhaps even E.R.) to make sure you do have any internal bleeding and to make sure you are not developing compartment syndrome. Which is when there is swelling so bad that it causes nerve damages There are other injuries beside breaking bones and soft tissue injuries can actually be worse. (I know from experience and plus have a friend who has permanent nerve damage because of crush injuries) . good luck, achilles2