Orthopedics Community
cysts and tendonitis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

cysts and tendonitis

Could it turn into carpal tunnel?
Back in february I had fallen an injured my right hand/wrist. About 5 weeks later I had a mri done and found out that I had ruptured a cyst and had tendonitis. Im still getting the cysts, I fell on it the other day again, and it ruptured a cyst, it hurt like mad. Now I have no pain. If it gets weak coud it turn in to carpal tunnel? If I were to have the fluid from the cyst taken out, whats the chance of it coming back? The cysts come and go. Right now I can see at the spot where the cyst was a kind of dark or discolored area. What is this discoloration? Its a slight discolor.
Its a faint brownish color.
Hi there!

Carpal tunnel occurs due to neural compression. There is no reason for inflammation to turn into carpal tunnel.

Take care!