Orthopedics Community
de quervain's tendonitis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

de quervain's tendonitis

I have been  struggling with de quervain's tendonitis since january of this year.  The pain started with gripping a water hose at work but really took off after a weekend of video games,  After a few months of splinting and medication it seemed to be getting better.  I resumed light guitar playing and computer use only to have it flare up once again.  At this point I got an injection.  I have recently finished a long run of physical therapy but am still unable to do many things.

6+ months and I do not have much pain outside of fine movements such as video games/guitar.  The doctors keep saying that because I am in my early 20's I should be healed within a month (they have said this at every visit).  I am really worried I may have caused permanent damage to my grip strength/fine motor control.  

I am continuing to stretch and exercise but am really losing hope that ill ever be able to resume my normal activities.  Is surgery a viable option for me?  I feel as if im running out of options.
Tags: tendonitis, de quervain's, de quervain, surgery, de quervain's tendonitis
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
The issue is flaring up again and again because you are going back to activities that are causing repeated injury to the tendon. Since you are young, I would suggest you continue with the wrist exercises. However, wear a good wrist support while playing guitar or video games and restrict the time on these things for a few months. Another cortisone injection can be tried along with ultrasound therapy. Please ask your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...