degenerative disc disease
Had L4-5 lamininectomy/fusion also osteomeylitis. Recovered.Now have C3-4,C4-5,C5-6, radiculopathy secondary to HNP. C6-7 disc protrusion, Thoracic myelopathy secondary to cord atrophy at T8-9. T6-7,T8-9,T11-12 radiculopathy secondary to HNP. T9-10 and T7-8 bulging disc. Sleep seizures are no longer present though I still take meds for it. L3 disc is lying on top of hardware. Doc says I must get the cervical disc fixed now before it is too late and I then will have no choice. Scared. What do you think? It isn't surgery that I worry about, its the aftermath of possibly having osteomeylitis again; I don't need my blood septic or need to be on iv of vancomycin again. I exist, not because of my neck but because of my legs. Loose urine. Doc can't figure which disc is the cause. Sorry to burden you with so much on this forum. Thanks.
It sounds like you need a total spine replacement. Wouldn't it be nice if that was possible;  just change it out and go on your way?  Disc replacement is all new now with the new discs that can be surgically implanted to replace the existing ones and are now being done orthoscopically so recovery is shorter, infection is almost non-existant. Range of motion is improved and post-surgical pain is almost a thing of the past.  The lumbar replacement discs are awesome.  Look up the site for Pro-Disc for cervical disc replacements. These are pretty new, but are having some really great results. Talk to your doc about it and see if he/she thinks that is your answer. It is a VERY NEW procedure, so the number of docs doing this procedure is limited.   Good luck
Thanks for response. Found a hospital that has a large orthropedic team. I'll know sometime this week if they will accept me. Laugh please. Another complication to all of this is a newly discovered calcified vein. Ya know, I might pee in my pants.....BUT...I can still walk with the help of a cane. Something's gotta give. Can't feel sorry for myself too long. Just scared and then again hopeful. I'd like to live and not exist and also work. That would be nice.
Note to Self any anyone else who is reading this, A strange thing has happened and I don' think I am complaining. The L3 disc has completely arrainged its self on my bolt and for the first time in six years; don't feel acute pain!!! Don't know where that pain nerve is...and I don't care to know, A little scarey though. Like WHERE is the pain? Is there something going on that I don't know about? Am I going to suddenly fall on my face? Is L-2 going to be okay?  HOPE. Do I dare?

1