Orthopedics Community
disk problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

disk problems

I had a CAT scan for pain in my jaw and ears(no TMJ or any ear problems).  The results said narrowing of the disks between 4 & 5 and 5 & 6.  Both the ENT and primary physician said to see an orthopedic.  What am I looking at here, please?  I felt like the symptoms I was having were more of a tissue problem.  Would this cause pain in what I thought were lymph nodes and salivary glands?
Thank you!

This discussion is related to Neuroforamina narrowing.
Hi there!

The jaw and the ear pain is unlikely to be related to the disc narrowing at C4-C5/ C5-C6; though disc narrowing is a separate condition for which you would need to seen an orthopedician for an evaluation regarding the severity and appropriate management, if required. There could be a number of causes to the jaw and ear pain for which you would need to refer back to ENT.
Hope this information is useful.

Take care!