fell down the stairs
I fell down the stairs 5 days ago and landed hard on my butt. ( it was the second to last step, carpeted). I got a welt the size of half of a baseball on my upper right butt cheek. The welt/bump has not gone away, the is a u shaped bruise around the bump. It's hurts when I sit down/ lay down, when I scratch or touch it there is no feeling on the bulge. What should I do, did I break something, should I go to my doctor?
Hi there!

A fall from two steps is unlikely to result in serious injuries, unless there are primary factors present. This is likely to be soft tissue injury or a haematoma and is likely to resolve in a few days. I would suggest resting for a few days. Ice-pack/ warm compresses and tylenol may be helpful in pain relief. Vitamin C tablets may help with the healing process. If the symptoms do not resolve in 1-2 weeks, I would suggest seeing a doctor.
Hope this helps.

Take care!