fell on knee
I took a fall yesterday and I want to know if or when to make a dr visit. I thought that I fell directly down on the knee, I have a 'goose egg' that feels like a knot and is very tender with red dots and a light greenish bruise on the side, left, lower portion of my knee, away from the kneecap. There is some pain and aching when I am not using, I can fully bend and straighten the knee. I have some pain when walking so I have a slight limp and it is more comfortable to lean on the right side of my foot while walking.

I have Fibromyalgia and Myofacial Pain Syndrome and I have a tendency to not recover from injuries. Should I see the doc now or wait to see what happens? What is the expected recovery time? What should I look out for? What would you call this injury?

Thanks ahead of time.
Hi.

In view of your tendency to not recover soon, it is best to see the doctor as soon as possible. A ligament injury is also possible.

Regards

DrAbhijeetMD
Thank you Dr., I will have to go to Patient First because it is too hard to get into see my Physiatrist. I am able to walk easier today but I attempted to pivot this morning (forgot to be mindful) and the pain was very sharp. Since I have been walking differently because of the injury, it has also aggravated the fibromyalgia pain in my opposite hip and same ankle.

One more question, if I have been having bursitis and tendonitis hip pain and glut spasms for about 12 years (I'm 28 yrs old), It has been unresponsive to injections, physical therapy, chiropractic and I also can no longer take Nsaids. My Physiatrist sent me for an MRI after I requested it, I thought that it would be an MRI of my hip itself, but he insisted on having it take an image of my lumbar spine. The results came back as bulging discs on L-4 and L-5. Is it reasonable to assume that the discs would be the cause of the hip pain or is it probable that there is a seperate problem in the hip? Or is it possible that this is just a chronic fibromyalgia pain? The pain is aggravated by walking or sitting for too long, lifting up off that leg, and there have been a couple periods where there was a clicking in the hip, but not currently.

Thank you so much,
Michelle