Orthopedics Community
fibula non-union
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

fibula non-union

i fractured my fibula about 2 and 1/2 months ago.  doing sprints, i pivoted, twisted my ankle and then fell on top it.  although it was borderline, i ultimately did not need surgery because the ankle was aligned - but now i have a non-union.  doc says bone may never heal and that's ok - but the pain is unbearable.  how long should i wait to try and heal on my own before trying to pursue surgery?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1271743_tn?1320896061
I had an ankle fusion and was told it takes a year for something like that to heal.  Mine did not begin healing until 6months after surgery and still hurts to this day.  Its rough.  Good luck.
Blank
Hi! I had a tib/fib fracture and while my tibia was put back together w/an IM nail & screws my fibula was left alone. 5 months later my fibula was not healed and a bone graft was done & healed.Seems as though every surgeon has a different thought about fibula fractures.I do suppose it depends on thelocation of the fracture but being active I wouldn't just want to leave it not to mention dealing w/ pain. Good luck to you!
Blank
Hey guys ! I fractured my fibula on my left leg after my kick boxing training and had an surgery with a plate and some screws to support my bone. Its been a month now and its healing good but i have a question , being a sports person i wanna know if its possible for a full recovery and for me to continue sports ??
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank