Orthopedics Community
finger flexibility

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

finger flexibility

I am a 40+ year old female and taking cello lessons.  I have small hands and having difficulty getting my left hand fingers to bend and spread apart to match the note intervals.  I'm already using a smaller (3/4 size) cello to reduce the distance.  The problem is my 2 middle fingers, when bent in position, do not want to separate the approx. 1 1/4" distance, but prefer to stay close to each other. Is there anything I can do to increase their ability to spread apart (and stay there!)?  I do some basic hand and finger stretches, but after a year there is not much difference.  Thanks for any advice.
Hi, since you have to be physically examined, i think you better consult a orthopedician who can examine you and advise you.Physiotherapy can be of some help to increase the degree of mobility, still meet a orthopedician.