foot infection after surgery
after having on oepration my heel the wound wouldnt heal,this was in the first week of april 08 it is now july 12 and only this past week has dr and infectious disease decided i needed iv and oral antibiotic treatment for 6 weeks,this is my first week on meds,the swelling has gone down but there still is a mess of slough and pus coming out of wound,i dont have ostomylitis and have 11 pins and a plate in heel,iam on oral ramafin and iv cubicin.does anyone know when i will see some big improvement as far as pus stopping and wound closing? dont have msra just said bacterial infection that was treatable with the meds i am taking,do these meds get rid of slough and eventually dry up the pus?
Any help would be appreciated.
Hello Dear,
You should consult your surgeon as there could be possibility that the pins and the screw might be causing the infection.You should go in for a MRI to exclude any other pathology.Ling lasting infections seems to be due to the external instrumentation which has to be evaluated.
Best