Orthopedics Community
foot infection after surgery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

foot infection after surgery

after having on oepration my heel the wound wouldnt heal,this was in the first week of april 08 it is now july 12 and only this past week has dr and infectious disease decided i needed iv and oral antibiotic treatment for 6 weeks,this is my first week on meds,the swelling has gone down but there still is a mess of slough and pus coming out of wound,i dont have ostomylitis and have 11 pins and a plate in heel,iam on oral ramafin and iv cubicin.does anyone know when i will see some big improvement as far as pus stopping and wound closing? dont have msra just said bacterial infection that was treatable with the meds i am taking,do these meds get rid of slough and eventually dry up the pus?
Any help would be appreciated.