Orthopedics Community
foot pain (cuboid area)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

foot pain (cuboid area)

Well I fell off a horse about 12 years ago. This eventually led to two foot neuroma removals (2000 and 2001). Since then, I have had foot problems. It was very general foot pain and I assumed it was scar tissue from the neuroma removals. Well in the past two years it has become more chronic in the cuboid region of my foot. MRI 2 years ago came up clear, but they focused on the toe region on my foot where the neuromas were. Now I am getting another MRI to focus in the middle region.

I am posting because I am a little frustratrated. My podiatrist is the only one who takes my insurance. I have had 2 X-rays and an MRI that have come up clear. I have also been to a neurologist and they determined one of my muscles was poorly developed but functional so they aren't requestion any further "nerve" treatment. I do have two small bone spurs on the top of my foot, but my pain is about an inch or two away from the sensitive area so the bone spur is ruled out.

My symptoms are:
1. I am overweight but active.
2. Pain when I push off my toes
3. When I turn my foot in a counter clockwise position, it hurts in the cuboid area at about 11 o'clock
4. Pain is sharp and I sometimes walk with a limp
5. Horse injury involved a severe ankle sprain and a chipped bone
6. Foot feels a lot better when compressed in an ACE bandage
7. Had cortizone shots (alot) no help
8. Lots of actiivity causes it to "flare" as does long periods of inactivity. When I get up initially, I walk with a limp and when I hike around, I limp.The in-between time does not hurt
9. No inflammation or bruising
10. Sensitive to touch, but only at certain angles. Direct does not hurt, but when massaged, it hurts

Hope someone can help before I spend a fortune in tests