Orthopedics Community
gluteal tears

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

gluteal tears

Hi, I am wondering if a gluteal tear could be responsible for the constant pain when walking, climbing stairs and standing. I had a severe twisting accident on my right leg, twisting my pelvis around and now after two yrs, still have trouble walking out to my car etc. MRI shows anterior large bulge, annular tears and a 9mm disc herniation at L5-S1, Have had PT, one injection into SI joint, and one at the L5-S1 site and acupuncture, all have helped some . The leg from the hip was contracted down to my toes with sciatica like symptoms , resolving foot drop, resolving weak hip flexors and hamstrings, but the pain is unbearable in the gluteal, In your expertise do you feel that an MRI of the gluteus medius would be appropriate to rule this in or out? And if so what can be done?, Thank-you for your input.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
You should go for an MRI under the instuction of a reputed Orthopaedician/sports specialist who has treated these types of cases.
Take anti inflammatory drugs and do not exert your gluteal region till you are told so by the Orthopaedician.
Take care!
Thank you DR. for your prompt response, I will begin to locate a specialist