grade 1 tear of the posterior horn of medial meniscus
hi please help

i have this problem with the knee dating back march 2006 and it swells and then goes ok. showed to a number of doctors and even got an MRI done. the result stated--
There is a moderate amout of fluid in the joint extending till the retro and suprapatellar bursa showing  hyperintense signal on T2W and STIR images. Anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments appear normal in integrity and signa intesity.
THERE IS A GRADE 1 TEAR OF THE POSTERIOR HORN OF MEDIAL MENISCUS. THE ANTERIOR HORN OF MEDIAL MENISCUS  AND LATERAL MENISCUS APPEARS NORMAL.

NOW i have shown this to a number of specialist but they all have told to do exercises and it will go. i did not take it seriously earlier but now its getting worse and my knee has swolen badly. its never been painful but now it feels like i am carrying a bag of fluid with me when i walk. also having problems walking and climbing stairs.

what shall i do. have tried pain killers and voltarol(diclofenac) cream.. but nothing has helped. recently went to holidays in india and it became totally ok noswelling for 6 weeks but now back in london and its swollen again. my analysis if someone asks is that when i dont eat properly and stress out too much then the knee swells...

i am scared now and need advice... please help...

Posterior horn tears of the lateral meniscus are tricky because it is a disc rather than a band like ligament. Body can heal over time, but it needs not to be stressed and body weight is stressful. Do things that will allow the joint more space to heal and get body fluids in it. So gentle distractions of the tibia away from the femur and loosen the muscles of the calves, quadriceps, and hamstrings. Rest is helpful, so is proper exercise, but Type A go getters might take this too far and reinjure the area.
If none of this helps then surgery may be an option, but wait as long as you can, nothing worse thana having several knee surgeries and then have to have a hip surgery later.
Dear
I have also same poblem in my left knee i am working in saudi arabia. i filling very worst pain. i go to india i shown doctors. in my  MRI report they found GRADE I CHNGES IN THE PROSTERIOR HORN OF MEDIAL MINISCUS. he gave me to do some exercises.and medicine. then i came back in saudi here i woking 8 hours  sitting on chair. now same problem paining is worst when i sit more time.

I cant understand what i do?

Please give me suggetion..
Hello!

You would need to continue the exercises but make sure you do not flex your knee for increased amount of time during sitting and avoid weight bearing.

Talk with an orthopedician and wear a splint or a knee brace for 2-3 months and after healing you can consider physiotherapy.

You would need time to heal Grade I tears. Surgery is the last option.

Take care!
Sir I'm a basketball player I have grade 1 tear in lateral meniscus & medial meniscus I got injured 4 months ago how long it take to heal. presently I can't fold my knee completely .