groin clicking catching and popping
I ran a spring tri about a year and a half ago.. at which time I pulled my groin, as athletes know "taking time off" usually is not a word in our vocabulary bank.. as the year went by I continued to run on the pull groin to the point that I could not run anymore and was forced to take a week off. For the last 6 months I have been able to crack, pop, click, my medial aspect of my groin. I have had MRI performed and X-rays.. Have been to 3 Drs. none which have really been able to give me a definitive ans as to what is causing the catching popping sensation.. Has anyone ever had the same problem and if so what did they end up doing.. there is server pain associated with the popping.. when sitting if I move my knee from aduction to abduction the popping can occur each time in the groin.. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
When you walk, get up from a chair, or swing your leg around, you may feel or hear a "snapping" sensation in your hip Snapping hip is usually painless and harmless, although the sensation can be annoying. Young athletes and dancers frequently experience snapping hip.

What do you think?
Zak,

Thank you for the reply...When the snapping, popping, or clicking occurs it is always accompanied with pain and discomfort
Have you looked up info on a dancers hip?I don't have much info, but i hope this link gets you started in the right direction.Best wishes.
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapping_hip_syndrome
I have a popping in my groin area, Im a Elite Volleyball player frequently moving and bending, I do sit ups and it pops everytime I sit up. It used to just pop but now it feels like a strain as well still popping. When I go to move my leg apart it wont go, any suggestions?