Orthopedics Community
hand hurts after elbow surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

hand hurts after elbow surgery

I had surgery for the terrible triad elbow, arm was in cast for 2 1/2 weeks now i am doing physio to stretch arm out. but my hand and fore arm really hurt could this be becuase they were never used for 2 weeks and then all of a sudden they were
Hi there!

Yes, the stiffness/ discomfort is likely to be due to prolonged disuse and is expected to improve over the next few weeks with gradual movement and physiotherapy.
Hope the information is helpful.

Take care!
If you had elbow surgery in which they moved your tendons to a different local. Then that's why you needed in a sling for 21/2 weeks. So now you need to get that arm moving as much as possible as soon as possible. My arm wasn't able to and I had to go back under to break up the scar tissue. So if I were you I'd take a pain pill and let them go to town. Good luck and I'll Pray for you.