hard bump after a broken 5th metatarsal?
About one year ago, I broke my 5th metatarsal completely in half. I was in a boot for 2 months, no surgery. my last checkup was in January of 2008, about 2 months after the break. The doctor told me it was healing, but still had a little to go but there was no need to come back. I noticed in August a hard bump on the top of my foot above the break. (I hadn't noticed it before this and it definitely wasn't there in January) It occasionally hurts, but not to the touch. Is this a callus that heals the bone? Its been a full year so I'm getting a little worried. Did my foot heal wrong?
I have the same problem, foot hurts sometimes with a bump above the injury site.  Especially painful after calf raises in the gym.  I had the surgery six years ago.  What did you find out regarding your foot?  Thanks.