hard painful lump after pearl ganglion removal at base of middle finger
I had a pearl ganglion at the base of my middle finger removed under local anaesthetic four weeks ago. The wound appears to have healed, but I have an increasing in size hard and tender lump beneath the operation site and it's started swelling slightly in a diagonal track towards my little finger (operation was on left hand). I'm much more disabled with it than I was before the operation, when it was just a nuisance rather than painful. I'm not due to go back to outpatients for another two weeks, but don't want to bother my doctor un-necessarily if this is normal and just needs time to settle. It's slightly warmer than my other hand, but I'm not getting stabbing pain so don't think it's infected (I was also extremely careful and kept it dry and clean for 10 days post-op and to keep my finger mobile). I had dissolving stiches, not sure if that makes any difference, although they've at least disappeared from the surface. Any suggestions? I don't want to leave it another couple of weeks if earlier intervention might be needed, but also don't wan to fuss as I don't know how things should be at this stage.

Many thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. If there is a swelling then it could be recurrence of the ganglion cyst due to incomplete removal. Otherwise it could be a localized collection of inflammatory fluid. This should respond to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and ice packs. However, please show this to your doctor once. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.