Orthopedics Community
has anyone had problems with the synvisc one
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

has anyone had problems with the synvisc one

Previously I had the 3 shots of synvisc with good results and very little pain. Recently, I had shots of the newer synvisc one requiring only one shot and I have had terrific pain, spasms and now after one month, the beat goes on. With the last injection which was very painful to take, I could not straigten my knee and ultimately put my back out, this is very different from the original synvisc with 3 injections. Anyone out there have any feedback on this?
Related Discussions
Hello!

Synvisc one is a single injection version of synvisc. Instead of 3 intra articular injections required of synvisc here only one is needed.

After the injection, you can resume normal activities but you should avoid any strenuous activities for about 48 hours and for your information it will take relief starting one month after the injection.

Remember it is no anti inflammatory infection it is treating your primary problem my replacing the synovial fluid cushion which has worn down due to osteoarthritis.

The most common side effects are knee pain, stiffness, and swelling or fluid buildup in or around the knee and if this occurs you can follow up with your orthopedician.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank