heel pain
I have been getting a searing hot pain in my heal when doing push ups in the morning before running and I'm not sure what it is?
Hello Dear
It seems you are suffering from Plantar Fasciitis which is a common cause of heal pain. The plantar fascia is a band of tissue, much like a tendon, that starts at heel and goes along the bottom of foot.
If you walk or run a lot, cut back a little. You probably won't need to stop walking or running altogether.

If you have either flatfeet or a high arch, then you might need orthotics (arch supports), inserts for your shoes.
If you are overweight, losing weight can help lessen your heel pain. If your job involves standing on a hard floor or standing in one spot for long periods, place some type of padding on the floor.
Answers to the following questions would make the picture clearer,
What is your age?
Since how long you have been having this pain?
Do you suffer from diabetics?
Do you have to stand long during the day?
Whats your weight? Are you obese?
What kind of pain is it- does it feel like knife or a pin sticking into the bottom of the foot?
Best.
In responce to your questions.
I am 50.
I have been having the pain for about 2 weeks.
No diabbeties.
I stand about 50% of my day.
I am 5'10" and weight 200lb.
The pain is a hot pain that goes from the side of my heel up about 3 inches toward my achilies tendon.