Orthopedics Community
help with knee injury diagnosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

help with knee injury diagnosis

Hello! I went today to get an MRI on my knee read. The doctor diagnosed me with severe bone bruises even to the point where it had caused small fractures in my bone. Prior to the MRI, he was convinced that I had a meniscus tear based on the physical tests he did (McMurray?). He never asked where my knee hurt, or what aggravated the symptoms and on my diagnosis form he put that he believed I had a medial meniscus tear. He did not bother to find out that he pain I was having was on the outside front (lateral side) and that I had severe pain when squatting or kneeling on that joint line. He also skipped right over the lateral meniscus MRI images. So he sent me away just telling me to rest until january and then come and see him again. I am not very satisfied with that especially when I look at the MRI and look online at other lateral meniscus tears my MRI looks like it shows evidence of one. I am no radiologist, but I can see that the meniscu is certainly not all black like it is supposed to be. I am wondering if anyone has a similar experience like this and has any suggestions for what I should do. Thank you!
My daughter had a meniscus tear, wearing a support brace and avoiding her roller blading helped it get better/rest...surgery is not the first option as this is very common...strengthening your quads can help and taking anti-inflammatories as well..rest, and ice.  Avoid  activities that aggravate it.,  Most likely u will need to be careful with it from now on...and surgery is an option..but a last option as a rule