Orthopedics Community
hip joint effusion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

hip joint effusion

I just had MRI.  Diagnosis was hip joint effusion and I have been referred to Orthopod.  What is hip joint effusion, other that the cause of the pain in that area?  What causes it and how is it treated?
Tags: hips
Hello Dear,
Knee joint effusion refers to accumulation of fluid in the joint which is usually secondary to arthritic changes,traumatic injuries,meniscus tears,ligament injuries.
The treatment consists of draining the fluid from knee to help relieve the pressure in the joint, thereby helping with symptoms. Sometimes small amount of cortisone is injected  in the knee to help prevent the fluid from returning. Patients with severe arthritis may eventually require surgery to treat their condition.You should consult an orthopedic physician and find the underlying cause so that the treatment can be done.
Best