Orthopedics Community
hip joint pain to mid-calf

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

hip joint pain to mid-calf

For 20 yrs I have had a spot the size of quarter on my R calf which burns. It has come and gone until the last 6 months. It is now with me all the time and the pain is going from mid-calf to the hip joint and about 3" toward the spine. I know I have some degenerative disc in my lower back but my back is not hurting. I also have at least 2 bone spurs on the ball of the hip cup. Could all of this together be causing the burning pain in my calf. I have had PVD tests done, ultra sound done on leg, electrical tests done on both legs and all were negative.  It feels like a rubber band stretching and it's not large enough to stretch from my calf to hip.  Help!!
I have FAI and DDD in my lower back as well.  FAI is a stuctural defect of the femoral head and hip socket.  I am trying to determine if I want to mkove forward with surgery.  It has caused a laberal tear.  I just e-mailed my doctor last week because I have burning leg pain in the front of my thigh, as well as a large knot.  I would look into FAI.  But hip problems can cause back pain and back problems can cause hip pain.  I am looking at getting a cortisone shot in my hip to see if that helps with the pain.  If it does I know my pain is coming from the hip.