hip keeps locking and grinding hurts to unlock
I have been dealing with chronic lower back pain for years and also my hips locks on me all the time and grinds when i jerk it back it makes a big cracking sound and hurts when it cracks, burning sensation down the butt and left leg. had steriod injections in back and worked for awhile went to p.t. and had to stop due to the exercises made my hips lock and crack from the exercises. went to an orthopedic doctor did an x-ray of hips everything normal. had an mri of hips everything fine except a little fluid on hips. had an hip injection on left hip and the pain left for a little bit but is back to doing the same thing. doctor seems confused about all this. is this normal for a hip to lock and like catch and have to jerk it back and then it make a really loud cracking noise? thank you for any advice.
You should go for a thorough clinical examination of your hip joint near an expirienced orthopaedician. Posterior dislocation of the hip joint is common and the there is flexion, adduction and internal rotation at the joint. There is a technique to treat this, reduction is done or manipulation done under general anaesthesia.
If it is not a posterior dislocation you have to check for other muscles, ligaments, tendons which might cause a problem here.
Take care and try to get a diagnosis for your problem for proper line of treatment. Take care!