Orthopedics Community
hip pain after exercise
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hip pain after exercise

Hi.  Last week I played basketball and a few hours later experienced pain in my right hip.  The pain lasted about two days.  Felt better and then I played b-ball again two days ago and it's sore again.  I run roughly 10 miles a week and don't experience pain when I run or afterward.  I do sometimes feel pain after I've sat in the car for a bit and then get out to walk--not so much a pain as a stiffness.  The top of the hip/pelvis is sensitive to the touch and there's some pain, though less, gradually lessening a few inches below there.  I can't tell if it's bone or muscle or what that's hurting.   I'm 37, in good shape, and have never experienced this pain before.  I don't see any swelling, and I played a lotta ball before summer and felt no pain.  What do you think?  Thank you for your time and sharing your expertise.  
Tags: Pain, Exercise, Osteoarthritis, hip pain, Basketball, bone