hip pain after exercise
Hi.  Last week I played basketball and a few hours later experienced pain in my right hip.  The pain lasted about two days.  Felt better and then I played b-ball again two days ago and it's sore again.  I run roughly 10 miles a week and don't experience pain when I run or afterward.  I do sometimes feel pain after I've sat in the car for a bit and then get out to walk--not so much a pain as a stiffness.  The top of the hip/pelvis is sensitive to the touch and there's some pain, though less, gradually lessening a few inches below there.  I can't tell if it's bone or muscle or what that's hurting.   I'm 37, in good shape, and have never experienced this pain before.  I don't see any swelling, and I played a lotta ball before summer and felt no pain.  What do you think?  Thank you for your time and sharing your expertise.  
I'm in a health class right now at the university i'm at and my professor was saying the other day that running and basketball use totally different parts of the body in totally different ways. You may be used to running and not experience pain. But playing bball uses your legs and other muscles very differently, in a way you may not be used to therefore you feel pain or get sore.

Hope this helps!