Orthopedics Community
huge unfixable herniated hamstring
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

huge unfixable herniated hamstring

I had a large popliteal chat that I had removed in 2008 to join the airforce. Anyway October 2011 on my deployment I had a lot of pain on the back of my left knee where the cyst was. I had mri's and arthogram but nothing showed up so I got surgery again anyway June 2012. During the surgery they discovered my hamstring herniated out the back of my knee and is causing almost constant mild to severe pain. It looks like a softball in the back of my knee and my Ortho said there's nothing they can do for my hamstring. I mg you have any ideas or procedures to get my hamstring re set back in let me know cause its just getting larger and herniating farther up my leg.
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. While there are a few procedures that may be helpful with hamstring herniation, the precise procedure would depend on the clinical picture. I would suggest consulting an orthopedician for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979