Orthopedics Community
knee injury and excess hair growth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

knee injury and excess hair growth

I fell out of a the door of a van whilst it was mobile and the impact of landing in an upright position cause injury to my knee.  This was over 8 weeks ago and I am still experiencing a great deal of pain when bending and weight bearing.  I experienced swelling to the knee which took weeks to reduce and have since been unable to weight bear whilst bending the knee.  Recently I have felt as though my knee is locking and can feel a grinding clicking sensation in the joint; I have also noticed excess hair growing in the affected area.  I recently visited my GP to discuss my concerns about recovery and mentioned the increased hair growth.  He seemed baffled and suggested I have an xray.  Any suggestions as to what the problem might be because its getting me down?