Aa
A
A
Close
knee nodule
What is your thoughts on a 8 y.o. child  with a small pebbles size bump under the skin on the knee cap area.  It is firm, freely moveable, regular borders, and very tender to touch.  When I say freely moveable I can actually move it all around her knee cap.  I moved it down so far that it disappeared for a few seconds before it resurfaced.  I thought it may be a piece of chipped bone but I believe it is to smooth for that.  Her knee cap doesn't seem tender only the nodule.      
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello

It is likely that you might be having a keratosis or a rheumatoid disease around the knee joint. It is unlikely that it is a piece of chipped bone. It would apparently feel and look like so because of the paucity for something extra to grow in the knee joint space.

You need to take some anti inflammatory and analgesic agent like ibuprofen..

Best
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I thought a keratosis was a skin lesion?  This is under the skin. It is floating around in the space between/under the skin but before the patella.  Plus this is a 8 year old child so do you still think a rheumatoid disease?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I am 65 and I have exactly the same symptom. A tiny hard knot under the skin on top of my kneecap that I can push all around on the kneecap. Very strange. Does anyone have any ideas?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
No ideas, but I have exactly the same thing on my knee.  It just appeared a couple of days ago.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
knee nodule
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703