Orthopedics Community
knee pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

knee pain

Hi forum
About a year ago I went out with some friends to shoot a film at night when it snowed heavy and the ground was very icy. I was walking around with friends making the film for hours.  I dont remember injuring myself, but that night I woke up during the night with terrible pain in my knees.  I could hardly walk for a few days the pain was so bad. I had to get taxi's places because I couldn't walk very well.  i wondered if I had been walking awkwardly because of the snow/ice.

Since then, Once or twice when I have been walking for a long period of time (a few hours say), the pain has come back. And just a few days ago, I noticed both my knees being painful in the night and waking me up in agony. I haven't been doing lots of walking though.  The pain seems to be deep inside the knee and a general knee ache (very painful ache tho), not a tagetted pain in one small spot.

Could this be artheritis?  I worry a little about that because I do have clicky hands which sometimes "click/snap" loudly when doing things and sometimes the snaps can be painful in my hands/wrists.  But I am only 28 and slim.
I do excercis at home with weights and have recently started doing some lunges as part of my leg routine - which may have brought the pain back?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

James
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

I  would suspect ligament damage due to injury or fall which you have to recollect during any of your intense physical maneuvers.

I would suggest you to go for and MRI to diagnose if all your menisci, collateral and cruciate ligaments are fine. Also check your quadriceps and other areas of knee joint.

You would need to follow up for treatment after diagnosis.

Take care!