Orthopedics Community
knee pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

knee pain

I have a lot of trouble with my knees-I noticed when I get on my knees it feels like the skin on the right of side of my knes is splitting open-it does look a little swelled but boy does it hurt when I get on my knee.

This discussion is related to Pain on Right Side of Knee.
Hi!
Pain on either sides of the knee is usually related to meniscal tears, injuries to the collateral ligaments, and even to arthritis. So on medial side it will be due to medial meniscal tear. It can also be tendinitis due to inflammation of tendon at the knee joint. You will need X-rays and MRIs of the knee to find the exact. Treatment will follow correct diagnosis. Do consult an orthopedic specialist at the earliest. Compression of nerve, deep vein thrombosis too could be causing leg pain or it could just be overtired muscles. So if nothing is found in the knee, then these possibilities will have to be looked at by nerve conduction studies, MRIs or by duplex ultrasounds. Take care!

Thank you for your comment-I took your advice and went to a chiropractor and she is working on my knees and feet-it has helped but looking forward to going away---------------Wan