Orthopedics Community
knee pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

knee pain

I ran last night about 5-6km(3-4miles). In my sleep I started feeling pain in my right knee(on the exterior side(lateral part) of my knee more exactly). When I woke the pain was so intense that I couldn't walk with that leg. I had a hot bath and applied Diclofenac.
I left for college and the pain was pretty big, but it started to disappear with time(by time I mean hours). The pain becomes intense again if I go down the stairs.
More info
-I'm 21 years old
-there are no swellings
-din't have any previous injuries to the knee.
-the pain isn't constant, it appears only when walkng
-I think by tomorrow it will be completly gone, should I go to the doctor in any case?
-8 Comments Post a Comment
Hello Dear,
Your pain could be due to overexertion or over use of muscles.You should not worry as it is a slight alteration which will return to its normal.You can take some NSAID and continue applying the gel.Avoid exertion and take rest for a few days.
Best