Orthopedics Community
knee pops and feels like a fluid substance
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

knee pops and feels like a fluid substance

I'm a 29 year old male 190 pounds. Recently lost 65 pounds in a 14 month period.  I've been doing a lot of running the last several months.  I've recently changed shoe's to a higher arch because i realize the last shoe's i had didn't fit my feet properly.. however because of the running i developed in my opinion runner's knee syndrome of the patella in the left knee.  Slight pain was felt below the knee cap.. I started doing straight leg lifts with my exercise and the pain went away.  When I sit at my desk my leg is at an 90 degree angle and when extended it pops once.  When i put my hand over my knee it almost feels like a grindy fluid substance that can be felt on top of the knee cap.  However, I currently don't have any pain in the knee but it does feel weak from time to time. I believe as long as i still do leg lifts and excercise my thighs my knee will get better.  I also just recovered from minor shin splints and currently carry a minor right hip pain.   Any suggestions or diagnosis ?  I can't stop running because i'm training for OCS army this year.  Is my knee developing scar tissue most likely ?  Does it sound like it is more serious than just recovering from runner's knee syndrome? Any suggested exercises ?