knee pops and feels like a fluid substance
I'm a 29 year old male 190 pounds. Recently lost 65 pounds in a 14 month period.  I've been doing a lot of running the last several months.  I've recently changed shoe's to a higher arch because i realize the last shoe's i had didn't fit my feet properly.. however because of the running i developed in my opinion runner's knee syndrome of the patella in the left knee.  Slight pain was felt below the knee cap.. I started doing straight leg lifts with my exercise and the pain went away.  When I sit at my desk my leg is at an 90 degree angle and when extended it pops once.  When i put my hand over my knee it almost feels like a grindy fluid substance that can be felt on top of the knee cap.  However, I currently don't have any pain in the knee but it does feel weak from time to time. I believe as long as i still do leg lifts and excercise my thighs my knee will get better.  I also just recovered from minor shin splints and currently carry a minor right hip pain.   Any suggestions or diagnosis ?  I can't stop running because i'm training for OCS army this year.  Is my knee developing scar tissue most likely ?  Does it sound like it is more serious than just recovering from runner's knee syndrome? Any suggested exercises ?
Hello!

I would suggest you to get your knee examined near an orthopedician. It is good that you have changed to some footwear which is comfortable and ergonomically good.

It can also be bursitis, tendonitis or ligament tear in your knee joint and it is good to rule out these conditions before you continue training.

It is good to take a break for a week, take NSAIDs and apply ice packs and see if the fluid or gel gets absorbed and if it does not then get yourself examined.

Take care!