Orthopedics Community
knee replacement

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

knee replacement

I had a knee replacement 5 months ago and now it has to be removed due to a nickel allergy! Are there any knee replacements that are nickel free?  I am very sick and need help quick!
Avatar_dr_m_tn
There are knee replacements without nickel but selection of type of replacements to a person to person vary and for you some things may not suit!

So they can go for stainless steel replacements and some natural products without nickel.
The orthopaecian surgeon will surely take a good decision and will come back to you on the most suitable replacement.

A new implant is manufactured from a patented material called 'Oxinium' (oxidized zirconium) which offers enhanced functional and performance benefits for patients, and avoids the issue of nickel sensitivity.