Orthopedics Community
knee

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

knee

for the last 5 years ive been havin pain in my right knee, it swells up and locks so its very painful to bend/straighten it.i have had xrays and a mri scan and they showed up an old injury that is healing one that i dont remember having.ive been told that a keyhole examination would help to see whats wrong but my doctor refuses tro refer me for one.now the winters in im in more agony than ever what could it be,i think it could be arthritis.
With the history posted by you it seems to be that there might be an loose bodies within the joint cavity and you may require an arthroscopy for confirmation of diagnosis.

Have an consultation with your orthopedician
I am 42 yrs.old and and both of my
Knees are bad. Both of my knees pop (or as my husband would say) crack.I had an Xray done on both of my knees. I've had a MRI on both. And the doctor told me that when I bend my knees my knee bones go out words and that why they crack. my R. Knee has a Torn Ligamentin the back. a goodsize Cyst in the back I have fluid on both knees. my R. knee gives way alot because of the torn Lig   That is the .
that is the Ligament that makes ur knee move back and forth. and because mine is a near complete tear ,my knee gives way and i fall down alot. my knees are (no lie) blood red for some reason. They hurt everyday that there is. So much pressure in them . and when my knees crack they hurt soooooooo badddddd that i can hardly walk at times. I have been fitted for 4 knees braces. That the first one sent me to the Hospital. I kept telling the lady who put the first brace on my R. knee that it was toooo tight. She said that it was supose to be like that and it would be ok. ya right.Within one hr.  I had to be rushed to the Hospital because of the brace being too tight It pretty much jammed that Cyst
up against the main arty in the back of my knee which caused the knee to have no circlerlation and
Sorry new totheuch phone. the cyst was cutting blood off blood cir. and from my knee down it was cold as ice and pure white and serioursly Hard as a rock. I have been sent to soooo many Doc. and Spec. and no one and i mean NO ONE will Help me . Because a Torn Ligamen does'nt does he
A Torn Lig. does'nt heal it self. and if it tears all the way .  well i guess bye bye leg. It reAlly makes me sad. I cry all the time. I dont take any pain pills. I have such a Bad Back also. The  L. 3,4,5of my lumbar area they are teteratteimg. going bye bye. the L3 is protruding out and up against the ciatic nerve  . and other things. I have Fibomalga. and that not nothing nice  i have Bi Polar PTSD Pd Depression Anxitey. It is sooooioooo Hard to Deal with this Everyday . I am also def. in my left ear. Tinnits with Virtigo.  there is a constint Ringing in my ear. ALL DAY AND ALL Night.  and wil be for the rest of my life. No doctor would help me with that also. Like i said it very hard for me. I have no one to talk im in Pain all the time and everyday. But you know what they say.  whatever Does'nt Kill You Makes You Stronger. Sorry About my mess ups. And Thank You For Letting Share my Story with you. Sorry it was soooo long. Goodnight
Hi I'm 27 years old and been suffering with a numbness below and around the inside of my right knee, I injured myself in August 2012, I've been hospital twice and doctors 3 times, non suggested I should have a X-ray?!? Whats the problem? and the best way to recover? Medicine? Knee supports? Anything as this troubles me at work too and I miss my football thank you kind regards craig