Orthopedics Community
knuckle pain, no injury

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

knuckle pain, no injury

For about a month now, my knuckle has been hurting pretty bad to bend it or even touch it. Today I noticed some swelling. Its my middle finger on my right hand and its swollen on the side closest to my pointer finger, its even a little red. As far as I can remember, I have never injuryed it. I use to be a package handler at FedEx Ground. I loaded the tractor trailer trucks but the last three months Iwas there, which ended last month, I was on light duty. I'm a 22 yr old female
Hi!
The pain and swelling in a single knuckle joint can be due to an old injury you do not remember. It can also be due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, infection of the joint, tendonitis or inflammation of a tendon, or bursitis (inflammation of the lining of joint). It is difficult to diagnose the cause on net. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Its not so much swelling as it feels like a hard knot on the knuckle. It feels like its actual bone