leg pain help please
my knee to my ankle has been paining for about six weeks, the last few days it hs been starting to feel alittle better then today I took a big step up a hill, and there was a big pop and it just about landed me on ground, not next to my knee is swollen, red and hurts like he##. Its hard to lift my leg,  i did see a dr and had xrays 2 weeks ago and nothing showed up.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the pain. Possibilities that may need to be ruled out include fractures, dislocations, injuries to internal knee structures, infections, inflammations, degenerations, neuro-muscular issues etc, some of which may not show up on an x-ray. It would be best to get this evaluated by an orthopedician at your earliest convenience for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile I would suggest resting the knee. Ice-packs and OTC tylenol/ NSAIDS may be helpful for pain relief as well.
Hope this helps.

Take care!