Orthopedics Community
leg pain help please
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

leg pain help please

my knee to my ankle has been paining for about six weeks, the last few days it hs been starting to feel alittle better then today I took a big step up a hill, and there was a big pop and it just about landed me on ground, not next to my knee is swollen, red and hurts like he##. Its hard to lift my leg,  i did see a dr and had xrays 2 weeks ago and nothing showed up.
Related Discussions
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the pain. Possibilities that may need to be ruled out include fractures, dislocations, injuries to internal knee structures, infections, inflammations, degenerations, neuro-muscular issues etc, some of which may not show up on an x-ray. It would be best to get this evaluated by an orthopedician at your earliest convenience for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile I would suggest resting the knee. Ice-packs and OTC tylenol/ NSAIDS may be helpful for pain relief as well.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949