Orthopedics Community
lower back and left leg pain and spasms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

lower back and left leg pain and spasms

i own a cleaning business and 2 months ago i was making a bed as i walked around the bed i stepped over a pillow and felt a dull pain hit me but didn't really hurt at the time but about 30 mins. later the pain got worse by the end of the day i was in so much pain i could hardly walk. when i got home i laid down and fell a sleep when i woke up a couple hours later tried to go to the kitchen and after a few steps i couldn't walk the pain was so bad i just laid in the floor and cried i had to crawl back to the living room on my hands and knees. first couple of weeks i had very bad spasms in front upper left leg(thigh) so bad you could see them through my pants pain went in to my knee and down my leg.then my leg would cramp up.the mornings was the worse took everything i had to take a shower i had to get on my knees because i couldn't stand up. the pain has slowly eased off but when i walk now my left leg gives out with no warning so walking fast is out of the question i will fall on my face.i could only sleep on right side,my left side and back was to painfull i don't hurt any more but i can still feel that something is wrong with my leg it just don't feel the same  kinda weak i guess you could say.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the possible cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include stress fractures, dislocations, injuries to muscles/ ligaments, neuro-muscular causes such as nerve impingement, inflammation etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile you could try some warm compresses and tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS for symptomatic relief.
Hope this helps.

Take care!