Orthopedics Community
lower back and leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

lower back and leg

I've been having a pain in my left leg and lower back for about for months now. I got an MRI and the results said the there is disk desiccation with a mild loss od disk height. A 4-5 mm left posterior protruded disk with extension to the left neural foramen indenting the left S1 and possibly L5 nerve roots is demonstrated. It contributes to mile to moderate left foramen stenosis. No significant facet arthopathy is demonstrated. Spinal canal and right foramen are adequate. I have a lot of constant pain when sitting so i'm refraining from doing so. I also have a lot of pain when laying down and sometimes when standing. Is there anything that I can do at home to ease the pain, and is there treatment for my diagnosis.