lump on knee
i went to the orthopedic today about a lump on my right knee at the side..i had an x ray but all he said was it could be my cartlidge  an he,ll send me for an mri scan.he gave me no more info n now im even more confused about it.any ideas to why i didnt get any more info or if this is something to worry about,my knee hurts like crazy and have a weird lump on it surely this cant b normal
There is no pathology in your bone. He found that out by the X-ray that your bones are intact.
Now he wants to see if you have any problem with the bursae, tendon, ligaments or cartilage so he is recommending and MRI for diagnosis.

To treat you he would need a diagnosis, so follow up near your doctor. Take care!
Hi mattb85,

I have a similar problem with my right knee that has a weird lump on the side.  I am scheduled to do an MRI because the doctor did not see anything in my  X-rays either.  Did you go for your MRI and what were the results?

Thanks.