Orthopedics Community
meniscal cyst
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

meniscal cyst

I had pain in my right knee and had done an MRI as per doctor's recommendation and came to know that there is an anterior horn of medial meniscal cyst with persistant intrasubstance ACL degeneration / partial tear.
Is it compulsory for me to do arthroscopy.
Related Discussions
Hello!

When you are having degeneration it is always good to go for an knee arthroscopy. Arthroscopy is a technique where a thin endoscope is introduced into the joint through a small stab wound and inside of the joint examined and excision of the cyst can be done. Local measures to control swelling also can be used, such as rest, heat, compression, elevation, and immobilization. Surgical indications for the excision of cysts about the knee depend on the origin and cause of the cyst. Indications for surgical treatment of a meniscal cyst are pain that interferes with activity and a mass along the lateral or medial joint line. Follow up with your orthopedician.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank