meniscal cyst
I had pain in my right knee and had done an MRI as per doctor's recommendation and came to know that there is an anterior horn of medial meniscal cyst with persistant intrasubstance ACL degeneration / partial tear.
Is it compulsory for me to do arthroscopy.
Hello!

When you are having degeneration it is always good to go for an knee arthroscopy. Arthroscopy is a technique where a thin endoscope is introduced into the joint through a small stab wound and inside of the joint examined and excision of the cyst can be done. Local measures to control swelling also can be used, such as rest, heat, compression, elevation, and immobilization. Surgical indications for the excision of cysts about the knee depend on the origin and cause of the cyst. Indications for surgical treatment of a meniscal cyst are pain that interferes with activity and a mass along the lateral or medial joint line. Follow up with your orthopedician.

Take care!